SLIM is the National body for Marketing in Sri Lanka and has been promoting marketing excellence and elevating the status of marketing since 1970. It is a member of the National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka (NCCSL), Organisation of Professional Associations of Sri Lanka (OPA) and Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL). Internationally it is affiliated with ESOMAR, the Federation of Marketing Research Industries and is a member of the Asia Marketing Federation, which is affiliated to the World Marketing Association
To lead the nation’s efforts towards economic prosperity.
To establish marketing as the driving force, which enhances business and national value.
- To contribute within the area of our professional competence, to the economic growth of the country.
- To foster the development, growth and wider acceptance of marketing as a key management function.
- To provide a professional forum to its members.
- To advise and assist in the formation, implementation and appraisal of national policies on any matter connected with marketing, both within Sri Lanka and abroad.
- To suggest and promote legislative action in the sphere of marketing to serve the best interest of the country.
- To promote, maintain and uphold professional and ethical principles and standards in the practice of marketing in Sri Lanka.